With 2.32 billion and 1 billion monthly active users, respectively, Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popular social networking sites in the world. Despite this, 37% of adult Americans are currently active on Instagram, up from 10% in 2012.
The sheer number of people who use these platforms makes it appealing to divide and conquer.
Instagram’s Expanding Userbase Brings Fresh Prospects
Despite its early association with a younger demographic, Instagram’s user base continues to expand and become more diverse. Currently, Instagram’s largest demographic is comprised of users aged 18–29 (67%).
Big Facebook Users, Big Alterations
Facebook, without a question, has and has the largest global user base of any social networking service. More than two-thirds of American people report using the service.
INSTAGRAM’S HUGE FOLLOWING AND EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES
Instagram is a great platform for advertisers because 80% of its users follow a business. More than half of Instagram users actively look for and find new items on the platform.
In a nutshell, customers interact with companies on Instagram and purchase goods through the platform.
Instagram has the best interaction rate of any social media network, which is a crucial factor. There are benefits to this tendency.
Brands are speaking with their wallets when it comes to Instagram advertising. Since Facebook owns Instagram, its advertising revenue will come from the platform for roughly a quarter of 2019.
It’s also projected to keep expanding.
Now that we’ve covered some of Instagram’s most crucial metrics, we can dive into the platform’s advertising possibilities.
Pages for Businesses on Facebook
These make it possible for your company to establish a profile on Facebook. There is no cost for any of this. These resources aid you in:
- Maintain a steady stream of updates for your clientele and any interested parties.
- Link your customers to the goods and services you provide.
- Engage the consumer, gather data, and provide support by talking to them.
- Disseminate information about discounts, specials, and other sales
- Create a group of consumers that will stand behind your product.
- Make yourself known as a leader in your field.
Instagram for Professional Use
Having a business profile for your brand will legitimise it in the eyes of consumers. In addition, it has several advantages for its consumers.
- Sharing Instagram’s Analytics with Users.
- Setting up a direct message link on your profile
- Authenticating your place in your field
- Linking your profile to other resources
Facebook Discussion Groups
In Facebook groups, your brand may find a home where its most devoted fans can congregate online.
Gatherings are useful for:
- Getting your ads in front of a certain demographic
- Facilitating members’ ability to pick up useful information from one another
- Hearing people’s real thoughts about your work
- How to make your audience care more
- The quantity of sales and leads generated will increase dramatically.
Meetups on Facebook
Brands and organisations may use Facebook events to rally support for their products or causes and engage in direct marketing to consumers online.
Moreover, they can assist with:
- Providing a stage from which you may make crucial statements to your audience
- Offering a cost-free method of promotion
- Raising Product Recognition
Facebook’s Group and Page Stories
You may use your smartphone or computer to directly represent your brand via Facebook Stories. True stories aid in:
- Getting people interested in what you have to say by sharing stories they can identify with
- Putting a face on your company’s logo
- Communicating with a sizable audience on a regular basis
Stories on Instagram
These allow you to keep your users up-to-date and invested in your business, as well as increase engagement, brand exposure, and sales. Telling tales can aid in:
- Building a customer base for your product.
- Consistently communicating with your target market
- Getting people to visit your websites
- Providing a wide range of options for content posting
Messenger on Facebook
Your brand may make a more personal connection with consumers by utilising Facebook Messenger. What Messenger can assist with:
- Recruiting new clients
- Facilitating exchanges
- Promoting Consciousness
The Key Point
Facebook still has the greatest viewership of any social media network, despite a decline in teen usage and overall engagement. Even while interest has dropped, it’s not low enough to warrant leaving the site entirely.
Brands need a Facebook presence, either organic or bought, to establish their credibility and connect with consumers.
I can see why certain firms would want to take advantage of the features this platform offers, but I don’t expect it to become as pervasive as Facebook very soon.
Understand your target demographic and whether or not they use this emerging social network before deciding to invest time and energy into it.
If they do, it might be a fantastic opportunity to get your message out to the right people. If that’s not the case, you might as well save your money.
Looking to launch a social media marketing campaign but unsure where to begin? Check out the video below below, which draws comparisons between them based on key metrics, applicable sectors, and the platforms’ respective marketing benefits.
I can see Facebook and Instagram working well together for firms with a multigenerational fan base. Using effective and relevant content, marketers may reach both groups where they already spend their time.
It’s possible that one platform or the other might better serve your brand if your target demographic was either younger or older.
Finally, if you’re still not sure, test out both options. You shouldn’t, after all, leave anything to chance. We offer a Digital Marketing Certification Course as well as a Post Graduate Program in Digital Marketing if you’re interested in learning more about digital marketing and its best practises.